Welcome!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My main purpose for this blog is to have an outlet for my feelings during this roller coaster ride of trying to conceive.

Before my husband was my husband we conceived our first child unexpectedly in 2005 and were over the moon but terrified - as we should have been. I'm a Type 1 diabetic and at the time my blood sugars were all over the place. Needless to say we lost the baby at 3 1/2 months.

As we slowly healed from this loss we discussed future children and my health. I jumped into tight blood sugar control head first and my numbers slowly dropped towards where they should be.

Fast forward to today....my husband and I married in 2008, I'm now an insulin pump user (and will NEVER go back to the old way), my numbers are where they should be and we've been given the thumbs up by the doctor to start "actively" trying to conceive. When my diabetes was poorly controlled my period was out of whack as well. I had one maybe 3 times a year. Since starting the pump I'm back on a normal 28-38 day cycle. Since we've gotten the ok I've been using Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) to test for ovulation and charting a little. I'm just starting to get the hang of it. The good news is I'm getting positives on the OPKs now (I hadn't been while my sugars were whacky) which means in all probability that I am ovulating. I was very concerned that I wasn't.

To make a long story short, welcome to my blog. If you know terms like DH, OPK, BPF, POAS and the like, have dreams of teeny tiny toes every night and are TTC as well, you've come to right place.


Enjoy!

0 comments: